Try our favorite gluten-free bread and muffin recipes!
Gluten-Free Prairie Mom’s Favorite Cornbread
You haven’t had the best gluten-free cornbread until you’ve tried Gluten-Free Prairie Mom’s favorite cornbread! It’s delicious with a hearty bowl of chili, your favorite barbecue recipe, or even a satisfying salad. Get the recipe and whip up a batch today!
- 1⅓ sticks butter (softened and cooled)
- 1⅓ cups pure cane sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2⅓ cups Gluten-Free Prairie All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 8 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- Mix together Gluten-Free Prairie All Purpose Flour Blend, cornmeal, sugar. and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix milk and eggs – beat until frothy
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry just until blended.
- Bake in greased 9x13 pan at 400 degrees for 25 min. Serve with honey butter
Irish Soda Bread
It’s your Lucky Day! Just in time for Saint Patrick’s Day, this traditional Irish Soda bread is super simple to make and has a buttery flavor and biscuit like texture. Enjoy it with your Corned Beef Dinner or with jam as part of a hearty breakfast.
- 4 cups Gluten-Free Prairie all-purpose baking mix
- 4 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- For brushing:
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, blend together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and butter. Stir in 1 cup of buttermilk and egg. Turn dough out onto a lightly oat- floured surface and knead slightly. Form dough into a round and place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the ¼ cup melted butter with ¼ cup buttermilk; liberally brush loaf. Use a sharp knife to cut an 'X' into the top of the loaf.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Check for doneness after 30 minutes. Continue to brush the loaf with the butter mixture while it bakes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Our Best Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 ½ cups Gluten-Free Prairie Simply Wholesome All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts or almonds
- 3 medium ripe bananas (mashed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 convection) Grease a 9x5 loaf pan
- In a large bowl blend together melted (cooled) butter and sugar, then add vanilla and eggs.
- Blend together baking mix, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg / butter / sugar mixture
- Fold in the sour cream, nuts and mashed bananas
- Pour into loaf pan and spread evenly. Bake for 50-60 min until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto wire rack.
Pumpkin Spice Orange Muffins
- 11 ounces (2⅓ cups) GFP Flour Blend
- 1 (3 oz) package (GF) instant orange pudding mix (not “cook and serve”)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅔ C pure cane sugar
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- Prepare muffin pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the Gluten-Free Prairie Flour Blend, and pudding mix and the rest of the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center and pour into the dry. Blend together with whisk or wooden spoon. (mixer not needed)
- Fill muffin cups a little less than ½ full.
- Bake in preheated oven about 20 minutes. Let cool for 20-30 min
Fluffy Lemon Muffins
These light and fluffy lemon muffins will brighten any chilly winter day!
Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
What kid (or kid at heart) wouldn’t want to start the day off by eating a Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins? Mom says this will start your day off right. Always listen to mom.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Baking season is in full swing now, and pumpkin is the official / unofficial flavor of fall and the holiday season. These Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Muffins are so indulgent that no one will believe they’re gluten-free. These are light and fluffy, and with added protein and fiber from our Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour, they’re good for you too! Using our All Purpose Oat Flour Blend, they come together quickly. You can add in nuts or dried fruit, too.
Gluten-Free Cupcakes with Oat Flour
Who doesn’t like cupcakes? Am I right? Well, these gluten-free cupcakes are a treat for any time of year. They are light, fluffy, and good for you too! By using our Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour, we add protein and fiber to these indulgent mini cakes. Decorate them for a birthday, Halloween party, or Christmas gathering, or leave them totally naked. They are going to disappear, so make sure you taste test a couple before the crowd gets to them.