Lemon Blueberry Fluffy Muffins
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Muffin
This light little muffin is a perfect addition to any breakfast of brunch menu. NOTE: They rise nicely, but be sure not to overfill the muffin cups of they will sink.
- 1½ cups Gluten-Free Prairie Simply Wholesome All Purpose Baking Mix
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pure cane sugar
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons pure lemon extract
- ¾ cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place muffin cups in muffin tin and spray with cooking spray
- Mix the flour blend, salt, baking soda, baking powder and together and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, and mayonnaise until fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Blend in blueberries and lemon zest.
- Pour batter into the prepared cupcake tin about ½ full.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 25 minutes. Muffins are done when they spring back when lightly touched or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.