Lemon Blueberry Fluffy Muffins
This light little muffin is a perfect addition to any breakfast of brunch menu. NOTE: They rise nicely, but be sure not to overfill the muffin cups of they will sink.
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Muffin
- 1½ cups Gluten-Free Prairie Simply Wholesome All Purpose Baking Mix
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pure cane sugar
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons pure lemon extract
- ¾ cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place muffin cups in muffin tin and spray with cooking spray
- Mix the flour blend, salt, baking soda, baking powder and together and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, and mayonnaise until fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Blend in blueberries and lemon zest.
- Pour batter into the prepared cupcake tin about ½ full.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 25 minutes. Muffins are done when they spring back when lightly touched or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
4 thoughts on “Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Fluffy Muffins”
In response to some of the questions, one tip for freezing muffins is to prepare the better, scoop it into papered muffin tins, and then pop the tray in the freezer. Once frozen you can take the raw muffins out of the tray and put them in a freezer bag. Then when you want a muffin, bake as many or few as you want per the recipe”s baking directions, checking ford oneness because you may need to add a couple more minutes of cooking time. Fresh hot muffins! Regarding the boiled cider, yes you can use that, just use the amount called for after reducing the regular cider (in this recipe one cup). I find sometimes the purchase boiled cider is a little too intense for a straight substitution, so for this recipe I”d probably fill the cup measure most of the way and finish with a couple tablespoons of water. custom writing service
Thanks. I’ll give it a try. Someone else suggested to rename the recipe “Fruit on the Bottom Muffins” 🙂
Thanks ! big recipes fan herepaperhelp