Our Best Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Sweet Bread
Cuisine: Dessert / Breakfast
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 ½ cups Gluten-Free Prairie Simply Wholesome All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts or almonds
- 3 medium ripe bananas (mashed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 convection) Grease a 9x5 loaf pan
- In a large bowl blend together melted (cooled) butter and sugar, then add vanilla and eggs.
- Blend together baking mix, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg / butter / sugar mixture
- Fold in the sour cream, nuts and mashed bananas
- Pour into loaf pan and spread evenly. Bake for 50-60 min until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto wire rack.