Who doesn’t like cupcakes? Am I right? Well, these gluten-free cupcakes are a treat for any time of year. They are light, fluffy, and good for you too! By using our Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour, we add protein and fiber to these indulgent mini cakes. Decorate them for a birthday, Halloween party, or Christmas gathering, or leave them totally naked. They are going to disappear, so make sure you taste test a couple before the crowd gets to them.
Watch Deb and Jeremy make these delicious treats in the video below:
- 1½ cups Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Place cupcake cups in cupcake tin (if using; otherwise lightly grease and dust with oat flour.)
- Mix oat flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and xanthan gum together and set aside.
- Mix eggs, sugar, and mayonnaise until fluffy. Add the flour mixture, milk and vanilla and mix well. Pour batter into the prepared cupcake tin about ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 (175 Celsius) for 25 minutes. Cupcakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool completely, then frost if desired.