Gluten-Free Prairie Fluffy Cupcakes 2.0
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Dessert
For these gluten-free cupcakes, use our Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour to get a light texture and all the protein and fiber from our whole grain oats. Mix it up by adding flavors like lemon or almond and/or favorite nuts and dried fruit too.
- 1½ cups Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure Psyllium husk (or Xanthan gum)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Place cupcake cups in cupcake tin (if using; otherwise lightly grease and dust with oat flour.)
- Mix oat flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and Psyllium together and set aside.
- Mix eggs, sugar, and mayonnaise until fluffy. Add the flour mixture, milk and vanilla and mix well. Pour batter into the prepared cupcake tin about ½ full.
- Bake at 350 (175 Celsius) for 20 - 25 minutes (oven temps vary - cupcakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool completely, then frost if desired.