Gluten-Free Prairie Baked Apple Donuts
So simple to make with our All Purpose Flour Blend, this caky sweet treat has tons of flavor, reminiscent of apple pie.
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Comfort Food
- 2 cups GFP All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1/1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 small apple (cut into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice + ¼ teas cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg (beaten and at room temp)
- ½ cup milk (room temp)
- 1 tablespoons butter (melted) I use unsalted
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup pure cane sugar
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- For the donuts:
- In a small sauce pan, simmer apple cider until it reduces by about ½ cup. (stirring occasionally)
- (probably about 15-20 min) Set aside to cool
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut (or small bundt pan)
- While cider simmers, prepare a donut pan, muffin or mini bundt tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk the flour blend, baking power, soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon & salt. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk melted butter, beaten egg, sugars, milk and vanilla
- Pour into dry ingredients, mix in reduced (cooled) apple cider.
- Whisk everything together until well combined.
- Fold in cut up apple.
- Fill each cavity ½ full. Bake for 15-20 min (depending on your oven)
- Cool slightly before untraying
BONUS for AMAZON customers – want a 20% instant coupon to use at checkout. Simply us the Promo Code: SimplyGFP20 at Check Out on Amazon. Free Shipping with Prime too!
Learn more about our Gluten-Free Prairie family and life on the Gluten-Free Prairie, and find our products throughout Montana HERE. And HERE on our Amazon Brand Store
And Please Subscribe to my FREE on-line Newsletter HERE
Thanks for stopping by today.