Use our All Purpose Flour Blend to make these delicious buttery biscuits. A perfect addition to any menu. Makes a great topping for chicken pot pie too. I always use Lodge Cast Iron – a Made in American Brand
Buttery Skillet Biscuits
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Bread
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Prairie All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 TB baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ TB pure cane sugar
- 1/1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cube cold unsalted butter (cut into ½ in cubes)
- 9 ounces plain yogurt (1 cup + 2 TB)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees – oven rack in middle
- Whisk flour blend, baking powder, soda, sugar and salt together in a medium bowl
- Add cut up cold butter and work into dough. Or put in food processors and pulse 4-5 times. (don’t overmix)
- Add yogurt and stir until flour is completely absorbed. Dough will go from crumbly to finally form a ball and pull away from edges of bowl.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface (using flour blend or corn starch)
- Form dough into a square about ½ in thick. Fold in half 3 times. Finally pressing it to a thickness of ¾ inch.
- Cut into rounds and arrange a 10 in cast iron skillet.
- Brush with buttermilk (or reg milk) mixed with melted butter
- Bake about 20 min until golden brown.
- Makes about 14 biscuits. Cool slightly and serve.
Thanks for stopping by today.