These light and fluffy lemon muffins will brighten any chilly winter day!
Fluffy Lemon Muffins
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Dessert
These light and fluffy lemon muffins will brighten any chilly winter day.
- 2 ¼ cups Gluten-Free Prairie Flour Blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- zest of one large lemon
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cups in cupcake tin (if using; otherwise lightly grease and dust tin with oat flour).
- Mix Gluten-Free Prairie Flour Blend, salt, baking soda, baking powder together and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, and mayonnaise until fluffy.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Add the flour mixture, milk, lemon extract, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared cupcake tin about ⅔ full. NOTE: Batter will be much thinner than traditional cupcake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or for 12-15 minutes in a mini muffin tin. Cakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool completely then frost, if desired.