Gluten-Free Prairie Apple Walnut Mini Bundt Coffee Cake
This light and fluffy (lower sugar) mini cake is my new favorite. So simple. Keeps well and stays moist.
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Mini Snack Cakes
Serves: 12 mini cakes
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Prairie All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 package (2 ¼ tsp, 7 gm) Red Star Quick-Rise Yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 4 TB butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled and diced in small pieces
- ½ cup walnuts (Optional) chopped
- ¼ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 TB cinnamon
- 3 TB butter (melted - for topping)
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray mini bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, yeast, salt, baking powder, allspice and ginger. Set aside. In a large bowl whisk together melted butter, apple sauce and sugar. Stir in eggs and blend. Whisk in milk and blend all until well combined. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients just until combined. Do not over-mix. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Proof batter in warm oven or warming drawer about 15-20 min. for a slight rise. Spoon into mini bundt pan (about ½ full).
- Bake for approx. 11 min
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Brush doughnuts with melted topping butter, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
And Please Subscribe to my FREE on-line Newsletter HERE
Thanks for stopping by today.