So… looks like 2021 is off to a very rough start.
In the past few days I’ve found myself needing to step away from all media coverage and hunker down in the Bakery or our Test Kitchen. I need to create something and treat myself and my family.
2 weeks ago we were all hopeful that, somehow, 2020 would come to an end and magically we’ve all go back to normal in 2021. Like ever year we were all about eating more healthy, exercising more and getting more sleep. I’ve seem to have quickly moved past that phase and now I’m, once again I’m looking for some delicious comfort food – something sweet and and chocolatey that gives me a lot a flavor and satisfaction – to help offset the sugar guilt. This little cookie fits the bill for sure. Using our All Purpose Flour Blend, it’s healthier than most. Super dark chocolate flavor – from the Pure Dark Saco Cocoa (which has NO sugar). This is the same Cocoa we use in our Brownie Mix). The recipe does have some Pure Cane Sugar and Brown Sugar too – but, it is after all – a treat. The recipe is at the bottom of this post.
This little cookie is so satisfying I can only eat one. But that’s just me, my son can eat 3. So treat yourself!
All Gluten-Free products are available in Stores throughout Montana, and on Amazon HERE.
And Please Subscribe to my FREE on-line Newsletter HERE
Thanks for stopping by today.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Prairie All Purpose Flour Blend (125gm)
- 1 teas baking soda
- ⅛ teas salt
- 8 TB unsalted butter / 1 stick - softened
- ½ cup Dark Brown Sugar - packed
- ½ cup Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 large egg - lightly beaten
- 1 teas pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Set Aside:
- 3 TB pure cane sugar
- 1 cup powdered / confectioners' sugar (for rolling)
- Whisk Flour Blend, baking soda, salt, and cocoa together in a large bowl. Set aside
- Using a stand or hand-held mixer ( w/ paddle attachment) beat butter and sugars together on med-high until fully and creamed. 2-3 min. Beat in the egg and vanilla and increase speed to high, scraping down the sides of bowl as needed.
- On low speed, slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Cover dough tightly and chill for min of 2 hrs.
- To cook: While oven pre-heats (350degrees ) Let dough sit at room temp for about 15 min.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll balls of dough about 1½ TB each. Roll each ball in granulated sugar then generously in powdered sugar. Place balls 3 in apart on baking sheets
- Bake 11-14 min (depending on your oven)
- Cool for 5-10 min before transferring to cooling rack.
- Store in airtight container.