Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins
Thanks to food blogger: Shay Lachendro (whattheforkfoodblog.com) for the inspiration. I just made a few adaptations to her recipe This rich little treat is extremely moist and delicious. Not too sweet - mini chocolate chips add a lovely explosion of chocolate flavor with every bite.
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Dessert
- Dark Cocoa Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 ½ Cups Gluten-Free Prairie All-Purpose Flour Blend
- ½ Cup Pure Dark Cocoa (we love Saco)
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk (we love NOW brand)
- ¾ Cup pure cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt of choice (we prefer Kosher)
- 1 heaping cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup oil of choice (we love pure safflower oil)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare 12 cup muffin tin with liners. Spray with cooking spray
- In large bowl whisk together GFP All Purpose Flour Blend, psyllium husk, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- For best results – let batter sit for 10-15 min (We like to let it thicken up a bit which improves texture of muffin)
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full. Sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on top of each (gently pressing them into the batter).
- Bake 15-18 min (using cake tester to check doneness)
- Let cool a bit before serving
- Store in airtight container. Can be frozen.
Our 3&4 year old taste testers are the BEST!
**see link below to get 20% off our All-Purpose Flour Blend on Amazon!
Available in Stores throughout Montana and on Amazon HERE
BONUS for AMAZON customers – want a 20% instant coupon to use at checkout. Simply us the Promo Code: SimplyGFP20 at Check Out on Amazon. Free Shipping with Prime too!
Learn more about our Gluten-Free Prairie family and life on the Gluten-Free Prairie, and find our products throughout Montana HERE. And HERE on our Amazon Brand Store
And Please Subscribe to my FREE on-line Newsletter HERE
Thanks for stopping by today.