Winters can be long here in Montana – which is why this is the “Season of Comfort Food”
We use our Oatmeal in place of the saltine crackers in Grandma’s recipe. This hearty recipe contains all the Love, but it’s healthier with more protein, fiber and B-Vitamins. And bonus… much less sodium.
- ¾ Gluten-Free Prairie Oatmeal
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef, turkey or game of choice
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup milk or milk substitute
- 2 eggs – slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 5x9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan Spread the ketchup over the sugar Mix all remaining ingredients in mixer or food processor. Shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices run clear Turn loaf out onto serving plate – so the brown sugar glaze in on the top. Enjoy!
All Gluten-Free Prairie products are available in stores throughout Montana. And from our Local Montana Distributor: Quality Foods Distributing
And Please Subscribe to my FREE monthly on-line Newsletter HERE
Thanks for stopping by today.