It seems my family and I are obsessed with our GFP Fresh Pizza Dough. Since I created the Fresh Dough earlier this year, we’ve been enjoying our Pizza about 3 threes a week. Our obsession has even inspired me to create a Pizza dropdown in the recipe section of the site. I’ll be adding all of my creations there. Today, I’m really excited to share newest favorite: “The Country Club Pizza”. Simple enough for a quick dinner after a long day, and fancy enough for Company. This light yet very hearty pizza is perfect as we begin the transition from Summer to Fall.
- (makes 12-in pizzas, recipe can easily be cut in half)
- You’ll also need: Corn meal or GFP Oat Flour (for rolling), 12 in cast iron skillet,
- And parchment paper cut into 12 in rounds.
- 1 Gluten-Free Prairie Fresh Pizza Dough Ball (or prepared dough from mix)
- 2 Cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken Strips (or about 2 thighs)
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 Cups romaine (shredded)
- 2 Cups fresh arugula
- ½ Cup mayonnaise
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil, loosely packed, then chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 with skillets inside
- Cut dough ball in half (11 oz ea) and roll out on corn meal to make 2 - 12 inch rounds.
- Carefully slide dough into hot skillets and bake for 17 min.
- While pizza bakes, in a small bowl mix mayo with lemon juice and zest and pepper. Set aside.
- Toss arugula, romaine and bacon in large bowl. Add mayo sauce and toss to coat. Arrange over cooked pizza crusts
- Top with avocado, tomato and chopped basil. Serve immediately.
And Please Subscribe to my FREE monthly on-line Newsletter HERE
Thanks for stopping by today.