Try our favorite gluten-free appetizer recipes!
Crispy Corn Fritters
Need an appetizer or side dish in a hurry? This fluffy and crispy little fritter comes together quickly. Serve it as a main course too. The recipe doubles well.
- I cup Gluten-Free Prairie All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups (12 oz) whole kernel corn (canned or fresh)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
- 4 tbsp. chopped green onion
- ½ tsp. crushed dried red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 TB vegetable oil for frying
- Sweet chili sauce (gluten-free is readily available in stores)
- In a small bowl blend together GFP Baking Mix and baking powder (set aside)
- In a large bowl beat eggs and mashed banana and corn. Mix well
- Add green onions, cumin, cilantro and red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Mix well
- Add flour mixture and fold all together to form a loose batter
- Heat oil in large skillet. Drop batter gently by tablespoon into the oil and fry 1-2 min per side until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce. Serves 4
Gluten Free Prairie Huckleberry Meatballs Make Game Day a Winner!
It’s that time again – the playoffs are upon us and enjoying Sunday Football Food can be a challenge for the Gluten-Free Fan. Fear not! Gluten-Free Prairie Huckleberry Meatballs to the rescue. A tasty treat that everyone will enjoy and all the ingredients are naturally gluten-free. Note: If you don’t have access to Huckleberry Jam – Blueberry makes a great sauce too.
See the recipe by clicking HERE
Thanks for stopping by today!
Whether you need an appetizer to impress company or you want a savory treat all to yourself, these gluten-free cheese puffs will impress everyone. Make a double batch and freeze any leftovers for the next time you need a treat in a pinch!
Cheesy Oat Groat Patties
Try these simple melt-in-your-mouth morsels for your next get together. No one will believe these Cheesy Oat Groat Patties are gluten-free!
Gluten-Free Coconut Shrimp (Coc-Oat-Nut Shrimp)
This festive little dish is usually heavily battered and deep fried. Here’s an awesomely healthy gluten-free coconut shrimp recipe. Serve this Coc-oat-nut Shrimp as an appetizer or entrée, hot or cold! Add a lime wedge, and you’re good to go!
Meatballs with Oat Groats & Huckleberry Sauce
There’s just something to be said for meat on a stick. But most of the time you’d get that sort of stuff at a county fair and typically, it would be cause for serious pain and discomfort for us gluten free eaters. Am I right? Well, have no fear, Gluten-Free Prairie Meatballs with Oat Groats are here! And to add some true Montana inspiration to these gluten-free meatballs, we’ve got a killer glaze with huckleberries!