This festive little dish is usually heavily battered and deep fried. Here’s an awesomely healthy gluten-free coconut shrimp recipe. Serve this Coc-oat-nut Shrimp as an appetizer or entrée, hot or cold! Add a lime wedge, and you’re good to go!
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Main Dish
This festive little dish is usually heavily battered and deep-fried. Serve this gluten-free coconut shrimp recipe with a lime wedge, and you're good to go!
- 16-24 fresh or defrosted shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
- ⅓ cup Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour
- ⅓ cup gluten-free potato flour
- 6 tablespoons gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup peach or mango preserves (or substitute apricot or peach jam)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- Prepare shrimp, dry with paper towels, and set aside.
- Blend gluten-free flours in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl combine coconut, gluten-free bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- One by one, dredge shrimp in flour mixture and quickly dip into beaten eggs and finally into the coconut mixture.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for approx. 12 minutes, until the coconut browns (ovens will vary).
- While the shrimp is baking, prepare the sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, mix preserves with lime juice.
- Mix well and heat gently, stirring constantly. Do not boil.
- Remove shrimp from oven and serve with sauce on top or on the side.