Need an appetizer or side dish in a hurry? This fluffy and crispy little fritter comes together quickly. Serve it as a main course too. The recipe doubles well.
GLUTEN-FREE PRAIRIE CORN FRITTERS
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Appetizer or Side Dish
- I cup Gluten-Free Prairie All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups (12 oz) whole kernel corn (canned or fresh)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
- 4 tbsp. chopped green onion
- ½ tsp. crushed dried red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 TB vegetable oil for frying
- Sweet chili sauce (gluten-free is readily available in stores)
- In a small bowl blend together GFP Baking Mix and baking powder (set aside)
- In a large bowl beat eggs and mashed banana and corn. Mix well
- Add green onions, cumin, cilantro and red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Mix well
- Add flour mixture and fold all together to form a loose batter
- Heat oil in large skillet. Drop batter gently by tablespoon into the oil and fry 1-2 min per side until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce. Serves 4
Serving size: 4