Try these simple melt-in-your-mouth morsels for your next get together. No one will believe these Cheesy Oat Groat Patties are gluten-free!
- ¾ cup Gluten-Free Prairie Oat Groats, cooked
- ¾ cup long grain or wild rice, cooked
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup rice flour (for rolling patties)
- Cooking oil (I used grapeseed)
- scallions for garnish
- Heat heavy skillet and sauté onions in 1 tablespoon oil until softened. Remove from heat with slotted spoon and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add the rice, cheese and Dijon mustard to the onions and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix the rice flour on a plate with a little more salt and pepper.
- Wet hands and shape the mixture into 12 patties. Roll in rice flour to coat.
- Heat a little more oil in skillet and cook patties in small batches over medium heat about
- minutes, turning gently once, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve.
Thanks for stopping by today.