GFP Sugar Cookie Mix is available throughout Montana and on Amazon HERE
Nothing says Spring like a fresh berry pie. Today – no matter the weather – you can welcome Spring into your kitchen. I did!
- 1 Package Gluten-Free Prairie “Our Best Sugar Cookie Mix”
- 6 cups blueberries (or a mixture of any berries)
- 1 apple peeled, cored and shredded (squeeze out juice with clean towel)
- ¾ Cup pure cane sugar
- 2 TB tapioca starch
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest + 2 teaspoons juice
- 1 large egg white (lightly beaten)
- Prepare Sugar Cookie mix according to package directions. Form into ball and refrigerate
- Cook 3 cups of berries in medium saucepan on med heat. Mash with potato masher and cook until thickened to about 1 ½ cups. (6-8 mins) Remove from heat and cool slightly
- In a large bowl, mix apple and cooked berries with remaining berries. Add sugar, tapioca starch, lemon zest, juice and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (lowest rack) Place baking sheet on rack
- Cut dough ball in half and place on two sheets of plastic wrap. Roll each into 2 large disks about 12 inches each. Gently ease one disk into pie plate – removing plastic.
- Spread berry mixture into pie plate evenly
- Cut 6-8 1inch holes in 2nd disk and cover with plastic wrap. Invert disk on top of berry mixture, removing plastic as you go. Trim dough and crimp edges.
- Brush pie with egg white.
- Place pie on pre-heated baking sheet. Bake about 25 min until light golden brown. Reduce temp to 350, rotate baking sheet and bake until deep golden brown. (30-40 min)
- Cool 3-4 hours at room temp.
All Gluten-Free Prairie products are available in stores throughout Montana. And from our Local Montana Distributor: Quality Foods Distributing
And Please Subscribe to my FREE monthly on-line Newsletter HERE
Thanks for stopping by today.