I am constantly amazed by the versatility of our Pizza Dough. I was going to make my scratch dumplings when I remembered I had some of our Pizza Dough in the fridge. LOVE surprises like this!
All Gluten-Free Prairie products (including our Fresh Pizza Dough) are available in stores throughout Montana. And from our Local Montana Distributor: Quality Foods Distributing
And Please Subscribe to my FREE monthly on-line Newsletter HERE
Thanks for stopping by today.
- SOUP: 2 TB Safflower Oil
- 2 TB Butter
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 sweet onion (chopped)
- 4 stalks celery
- 4 carrots chopped
- 8 oz criminy mushrooms (loosely chopped)
- 2 TB Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour
- 4 C Chicken Broth (divided)
- 2 bay leaves (remove before serving)
- 1-2 tsp Better than Bouillon (to taste – it can be quite salty)
- Fresh or dried Rosemary, Thyme (1-2 TB to taste)
- ¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream or ½ & ½ (optional)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Pouch GFP Free Pizza Dough - or 1 GFP Pizza Mix (prepared)
- Garlic Salt (to taste)
- SOUP:Saute onions, garlic and celery in oil and butter until slightly soft. (my Lodge cast iron skillet is my very favorite)
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking until soft.
- Whisk GFP Oat Flour into 2 cups of chicken broth until completely blended
- Heat vegetables in pan until steaming – stirring to keep from sticking.
- Remove vegetables and set aside
- Whisk in oat flour broth a bit at a time. Keeping the pan very hot as you blend it in.
- Continue whisking and stirring broth vegetable mixture constantly as it thickens. (6-8 min)
- Add remaining 2 cups of broth and 1-2 tsp of Better than Bouillon. Still as soup thickens.
- Stir in vegetables
- Lower heat and cover. Simmer for 20 min.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in cream (or ½ & ½) if using
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Heat cast iron skillet in oven - to 425 (I line my with parchment)
- Roll dough into dumpling-size balls working in some garlic salt as you roll
- Arrange balls in hot cast iron (on parchment if using) and bake for 17-20
- Remove from oven to stove burner and sear balls (turning as needed) until a light crust forms
- Drop into prepared soup