Angel Food Cake is a family favorite here in Montana. This light and fluffy treat reminds us that Spring is on the way.
(even though there still might be snow on the ground)
This cake is great on its own or drizzled with an orange sauce. Either way, it’s a crowd-pleaser for sure. I asked Google to help me find a recipe then I simply swapped out the wheat flour for our Simply Wholesome All Purpose Flour Blend.Pure and natural with no grit, no zing, no one will believe it’s gluten-free. Available at a great price on Amazon HERE – FREE SHIPPING with Prime
- 1¾ cups sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Prairie Simply Wholesome All Purpose Flour Blend
- 12 egg whites (the closer to room temperature the better)
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon orange extract, or extract of your choice
- 1½ teaspoons cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor spin sugar about 2 minutes until it is superfine. Sift half of the sugar with the salt the cake flour, setting the remaining sugar aside.
- In a large bowl, use a balloon whisk to thoroughly combine egg whites, water, orange extract, and cream of tartar. After 2 minutes, switch to a hand mixer. Slowly sift the reserved sugar, beating continuously at medium speed. Once you have achieved medium peaks, sift enough of the flour mixture in to dust the top of the foam. Using a spatula fold in gently. Continue until all of the flour mixture is incorporated.
- Spoon mixture into an ungreased tube pan. Bake for 35 minutes then test for doneness.
- Cool upside down completely before removing from pan.
And Please Subscribe to my FREE monthly on-line Newsletter HERE
Thanks for stopping by today.