If you’re not familiar with our Oat Groats, please check them out here.
Our Groats are a wonderful and healthy alternative and/or addition to any rice dish. Like most of us, I love rice – but I also know it is often the #1 ingredient in our GF diets and not always the healthiest choice. Our Pure Oat Groats are RAW and sproutable too. Packed with protein, fiber and B Vitamins. There are so many uses for this humble little grain, it could be a game-changer in our GF diets.
I make several “Groat-Sotto’s”, this one with Shimp and goat cheese is a family favorite.
Gluten-Free Creamy Groat-Sotto with Sauteed Shrimp
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Main Course
- ½ cup cooked Gluten- Free Prairie Oat Groats + ½ cup cooked white or wild rice
- ¼ cup olive oil + 1 TB butter
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Pinch dry fennel seed (optional)
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes (halved)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach + 2 cups baby kale
- 4 ounces goat cheese (crumbled)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 TB ½ & ½ or cream (or to taste)
- Heat olive oil in large cast iron skillet. Add butter to melt.
- Add garlic and cook until brown. Mix in red pepper flakes. Simmer about 3 minutes.
- Add raw shrimp and sauté until shrimp turns pink. Set aside
- Add tomatoes to skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook over med-high heat until tomatoes soften and release juices. 2-3 minutes
- Add spinach and kale and cook until wilted (about 3 minutes)
- Mix in groats and rice
- Add goat cheese and gently stir as it melts and coats all.
- Gently fold in cooked shrimp.
- Top with parmesan cheese and Serve
- More recipes at: www.glutenfreeprairie.com
Thanks for stopping by today.