If you’re Gluten-Free, you know how challenging Events like Weddings and other parties can be. I usually just take my own food – and let them eat cake. And on those rare occasions where there are some options for me, I just see that as Icing on the Cake! You too?
So when I heard that my friend’s daughter was getting married and the Mother of the Groom was Celiac, I offered to make her her own cake. Chocolate is Kim’s favorite. Mine too. So I made her my latest favorite: Deep Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake w/ Fresh Strawberry Filling and Dark Chocolate Ganache. This cake is super rich, yet light and moist too. Best of all – it is super simple. My advice? If you don’t bake another cake this summer – you’ve got to make this one 🙂
NOTE: I use Guittard Chocolate Chips. Super smooth and delicious.
This recipe uses our Deep Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix. Yep! We’ve done the heavy lifting for you. Enjoy!
- Layers: 2 packages Gluten-Free Prairie Deep Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix, prepared with 3 eggs
- 10 fresh strawberries sliced + extra for laying on filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla and ½ tsp strawberry flavoring (optional)
- ¼ cup pure cane sugar (omit if strawberries are sweet enough
- 1 cup semi or dark chocolate chips (I love Guittard)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Layers: Preheat oven to 350 (convention - 325)
- Prepare brownie batter using the 3 egg version ( total of 6 eggs)
- Prepare 2- 9 in cake pans with parchment on bottom, spray pans with cooking spray
- Divide batter evenly and bake at 325-350 for 30 min - or until cake tester comes out clean
- Filling: Puree 10 fresh (or frozen) strawberries in blender. Add softened cream cheese and extracts and mix well. Add sugar and mix until mixture is very creamy. Refrigerate at least 2 hours
- Ganache::Heat heavy cream in small sauce pan just until bubbles start to form around edges of pan. NOTE: Do not boil
- Add chocolate chips and stir constantly until the ganache is smooth and starts to shine. Cool slightly (10-15 min) until it thickens a bit and is pourable.
- Assembly: Spread filling on bottom layer, cover with extra sliced strawberries
- Add top layer
- Pour ganache around all edges of cake allowing it to start dripping down. Pour remaining ganache in center of cake. Gently smooth with spatula letting extra drip down the sides.
- Throughly cool and refrigerate.
All Gluten-Free Prairie products are available in stores throughout Montana. And from our Local Montana Distributor: Quality Foods Distributing
And Please Subscribe to my FREE monthly on-line Newsletter HERE
Thanks for stopping by today.