Pass the ‘taters!
Gravy. This simple side dish can make your knees weak if it’s done just right. Most people are intimidated by it. You shouldn’t be! Take a look at our easy six-step Gluten-Free Gravy with Oat Flour recipe to learn how.The key is to keep it moving constantly. If you leave your post even for just a minute it can make the difference between “OMG That’s Good Gravy!” and “I’ve never been good at making gravy either.” So be patient and just get a little prairie Zen action. Your efforts will be rewarded!
In association with the Made In Montana Program, my son, Jeremy and I created a one-minute commercial for our CBS affiliates across the state. You can see it here:
Gluten-Free Gravy with Oat Flour
Gravy. This simple side dish can make your knees weak if it's done just right. Try our easy six-step recipe for Gluten-Free Gravy with Oat Flour.
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 tablespoons drippings from a turkey or roast
- 2 tablespoons Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour
- 2 cups stock (chicken, veggie, etc.)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat drippings over medium heat in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Whisk Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour into 2 cups stock to combine thoroughly.
- Slowly add the stock and flour mixture to the drippings while stirring constantly.
- Bring to a slow boil while stirring. Reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes while stirring constantly. Your efforts will pay off here!
- Add heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Heat on low until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2 thoughts on “Gluten-Free Gravy with Oat Flour”
It seems very good! I have added it to my recipes to try! I have recently tried for the first time the Tesco free from gravy sauce and me and my family love it. It has the traditional flavour but it’s gluten free. The Orchard from Tesco let me tried it for free and I have to say that I am a fan
Thanks for the comment. So great to hear your results. We agree – the oat flour has a wonderful, natural flavor that is unique to a gluten-free flour. Have you tried our new Baking Mix or Pancake Mix? No can believe they are gluten-free.
Thanks again for your support.
Founder / CEO Gluten-Free Prairie