Pass the ‘taters!
Gravy. This simple side dish can make your knees weak if it’s done just right. Most people are intimidated by it. You shouldn’t be! Take a look at our easy six-step Gluten-Free Gravy with Oat Flour recipe to learn how.The key is to keep it moving constantly. If you leave your post even for just a minute it can make the difference between “OMG That’s Good Gravy!” and “I’ve never been good at making gravy either.” So be patient and just get a little prairie Zen action. Your efforts will be rewarded!
In association with the Made In Montana Program, my son, Jeremy and I created a one-minute commercial for our CBS affiliates across the state. You can see it here:
- 2 tablespoons drippings from a turkey or roast
- 2 tablespoons Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour
- 2 cups stock (chicken, veggie, etc.)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat drippings over medium heat in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Whisk Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour into 2 cups stock to combine thoroughly.
- Slowly add the stock and flour mixture to the drippings while stirring constantly.
- Bring to a slow boil while stirring. Reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes while stirring constantly. Your efforts will pay off here!
- Add heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Heat on low until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.