We all understand how crazy busy mornings can be especially during the holidays. How awesome would it be to wake up to a steaming bowl of Chocolate Oatmeal? We enjoy this several times a week, mixing it up with whatever fruit and nuts we have on hand. During the holidays I add dried cranberries for a seasonal flavor that our family and guests love.
Overnight Chocolate Oatmeal
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Serves: 2-4 servings
- 1 cup very hot water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon high-quality dark chocolate or cocoa
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ( Optional) Cut up apple, pear, berries, pecans (or any nuts)
- The night before, bring water to a boil on the stovetop in a medium saucepan.
- Add oatmeal, cinnamon, chocolate (or cocoa) maple syrup and coconut oil. Cover, and return to a slight boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover with lid, and go to sleep.
- In the morning, heat the overnight oatmeal over medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until heated through and no water remains.
- Add your fruit (if using) and cook over low heat until it softens.