Holiday shopping comes with its own set of challenges for the gluten-free shopper. It’s that time of year when everyone could use a few more hours in the day to get it all done. We hit the ground running every day. In and out of malls, before and after work, and/or in between dropping the kids off at school. And, if you’re like me…..almost always avoiding the food courts and snack carts. You only need about 5 minutes to start the day off right! Our Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oatmeal pairs up with pure dark chocolate – to create a high protein, fiber, B-Vitamin fullfilling breakfast treat. TIP: While the oatmeal is cooking, cut up an apple (with skin), cook in the microwave for 2 min. Like eating Chocolate Fondue for breakfast.
Gluten Free Prairie Chocolate Oatmeal
- 1 C very hot water
- 2 TB coconut oil ( like Nutiva)
- 1/4 C maple syrup ( we use Kirkland, Organic)
- 1 TB good dark chocolate ( we love Saco Cocoa)
- 1 C Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oatmeal
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat water to almost boiling, set aside
- Melt coconut oil, syrup, and chocolate in a medium saucepan
- Reduce heat, add oatmeal and cinnamon and stir. When it starts to bubble, continue stir oatmeal until it absorbs all the oil/syrup mixture.
- Add hot water to cover oatmeal and stir.
- Cover (approx. 5 min) until desired consistency