The New Year is in our sites and, for many of us so is the end of those wonderful Holiday Cheat Weeks – where treats were everywhere and calories didn’t count. Right? Yes, the countdown has begun and, like every year, today many of us are resolving to eat more healthy, exercise more regularly in 2017.
To help you ease into your 2017 Healthy Gluten Free Eating Regime – try this newest version of our Groat-Sotto with sauteed shrimp. Hearty and healthy, high protein too. Everything we’re looking for to jump start our Healthy New Year – yet still very festive.
Thanks for stopping by today!
- ½ cup cooked Gluten- Free Prairie Oat Groats + ½ cup cooked white or wild rice
- ¼ cup olive oil + 1 TB butter)
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Pinch dry fennel seed (optional)
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes (halved)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach + 2 cups baby kale
- 4 ounces goat cheese (crumbled)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 TB ½ & ½ (or to taste)
- Heat olive oil in large cast iron skillet. Add butter to melt.
- Add garlic and cook until brown. Mix in red pepper flakes. Simmer about 3 minutes.
- Add raw shrimp and sauté until shrimp turns pink. Set aside
- Add tomatoes to skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook over med-high heat until tomatoes soften and release juices. 2-3 minutes
- Add spinach and kale and cook until wilted (about 3 minutes)
- Mix in groats and rice
- Add goat cheese and gently stir as it melts and coats all.
- Gently fold in cooked shrimp.
- Top with parmesan cheese and Serve