If you can’t get our Sugar Cookie Mix – or you can easily use our All Purpose Flour Blend to make the Sugar Cookie. (recipe is here)
Nothing says Spring like a fresh berry pie. Today – no matter the weather – you can welcome Spring into your kitchen. I did!
Fresh Berry Pie with Cookie Crust
Nothing says Spring like a luscious fresh pie. Add a light cookie crust and you've got a Gluten-Free Winner for sure. And no one will believe it's gluten-free
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 Package Gluten-Free Prairie “Our Best Sugar Cookie Mix”
- 6 cups blueberries (or a mixture of any berries)
- 1 apple peeled, cored and shredded (squeeze out juice with clean towel)
- ¾ Cup pure cane sugar
- 2 TB tapioca starch
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest + 2 teaspoons juice
- 1 large egg white (lightly beaten)
- Prepare Sugar Cookie mix according to package directions. Form into ball and refrigerate
- Cook 3 cups of berries in medium saucepan on med heat. Mash with potato masher and cook until thickened to about 1 ½ cups. (6-8 mins) Remove from heat and cool slightly
- In a large bowl, mix apple and cooked berries with remaining berries. Add sugar, tapioca starch, lemon zest, juice and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (lowest rack) Place baking sheet on rack
- Cut dough ball in half and place on two sheets of plastic wrap. Roll each into 2 large disks about 12 inches each. Gently ease one disk into pie plate – removing plastic.
- Spread berry mixture into pie plate evenly
- Cut 6-8 1inch holes in 2nd disk and cover with plastic wrap. Invert disk on top of berry mixture, removing plastic as you go. Trim dough and crimp edges.
- Brush pie with egg white.
- Place pie on pre-heated baking sheet. Bake about 25 min until light golden brown. Reduce temp to 350, rotate baking sheet and bake until deep golden brown. (30-40 min)
- Cool 3-4 hours at room temp.
All Gluten-Free Prairie products are available in stores throughout Montana. And from our Local Montana Distributor: Quality Foods Distributing
Learn more about our GFP family and life on the Gluten-Free Prairie, and our products HERE on our Amazon Brand Store
And Please Subscribe to my FREE monthly on-line Newsletter HERE
Thanks for stopping by today.
2 thoughts on “Just in Time for Easter! Double Crust Fresh Berry Pie with Sugar Cookie Crust”
I was in Manhattan Mon tana and was excited to see your shop/products. Tonight I was going to make the “Our best Sugar Cookie Mix”. The directions are confusing.
#1 SUGAR (how much?)
#2 I assume dry ingredients refers to contents of package
So sorry – I think I replied to you on FB, right? There was a typo on the label. We’ve fixed it now. You don’t need to add any sugar. It is already in the mix.