I’m really excited to post this recipe today. I’ve wanted to post it for some time – but “Our Best Sugar Cookie Mix” keeps selling out on Amazon and I didn’t want to post the recipe until everyone could get the mix. We’ve sent more and the Amazon Big Brain says it should be available soon. But, I’m not the most patient person – so I’ve got a work-around. I’m simply giving you the mix recipe! If you can’t get our Sugar Cookie Mix – you can easily use our All Purpose Flour Blend to make the Sugar Cookie. (recipe is here)
Nothing says Spring like a fresh berry pie. Today – no matter the weather – you can welcome Spring into your kitchen. I did!
- 1 Package Gluten-Free Prairie “Our Best Sugar Cookie Mix”
- 6 cups blueberries (or a mixture of any berries)
- 1 apple peeled, cored and shredded (squeeze out juice with clean towel)
- ¾ Cup pure cane sugar
- 2 TB tapioca starch
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest + 2 teaspoons juice
- 1 large egg white (lightly beaten)
- Prepare Sugar Cookie mix according to package directions. Form into ball and refrigerate
- Cook 3 cups of berries in medium saucepan on med heat. Mash with potato masher and cook until thickened to about 1 ½ cups. (6-8 mins) Remove from heat and cool slightly
- In a large bowl, mix apple and cooked berries with remaining berries. Add sugar, tapioca starch, lemon zest, juice and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (lowest rack) Place baking sheet on rack
- Cut dough ball in half and place on two sheets of plastic wrap. Roll each into 2 large disks about 12 inches each. Gently ease one disk into pie plate – removing plastic.
- Spread berry mixture into pie plate evenly
- Cut 6-8 1inch holes in 2nd disk and cover with plastic wrap. Invert disk on top of berry mixture, removing plastic as you go. Trim dough and crimp edges.
- Brush pie with egg white.
- Place pie on pre-heated baking sheet. Bake about 25 min until light golden brown. Reduce temp to 350, rotate baking sheet and bake until deep golden brown. (30-40 min)
- Cool 3-4 hours at room temp.
Thanks for stopping by today.