This light little cookie is a perfect treat any time, but I just love it with my morning coffee and afternoon tea. Bonus! Turns out it makes a amazing pie crust too.
Crispy Sugar Cookies
Light and Crispy cookies that everyone will enjoy. Dough that will easily roll out if you want to make shapes. Makes a great pie crust too. So easy
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 ¼ cups Gluten-Free Prairie All-Purpose Flour Blend
- ¾ tsp Kosher salt
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Whisk together Flour Blend and salt
- Beat butter, sugar and extracts with electric mixer on med-high heat until light and fluffy. (about 2 min)
- Add beaten egg and mix on low to blend. Gradually add flour mixture, just until completely incorporated. Divide dough by ½. Roll each into a tight ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheet with parchment and spray with cookie spray. Working with one ball at a time, roll onto a work surface dusted with corn starch. Roll out and cut into shapes. Or roll into walnut sized balls and press flat.
- Bake at 325 approx 15 min., until cookies start to brown on edges.
Thanks for stopping by today.