This week Gluten-Free Prairie is preparing for our Grand RE-Opening during Potato Festival on Saturday, August 16th. We hope you’ll stop by, say hello and try some samples. Today, we’re kicking off our celebration with Savory Oat Potato Pancakes!
Manhattan Potato Quick Facts:
- Potatoes are naturally gluten-free!
- A majority of Idaho potatoes get their start in Manhattan, Montana.
- Manhattan is famous around the country for fabulous, disease-free potatoes (thanks Schutter Family!)
- Potatoes LOVE gluten-free oats!
Savory Oat Potato Pancakes
Celebrate any occasion with our Savory Oat Potato Pancakes!
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 12 pancakes
- ¼ cup Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked, chilled and shredded
- ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped or grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- chopped chives and a dollop of sour cream for garnish (if desired)
- Combine toasted oat flour, potatoes, cheese, egg, and onion in a large bowl and mix well.
- Form mixture into patties (as pictured) and fry until golden brown.
- Garnish with chives and sour cream (if desired).