We’ve talked to many folks who are going gluten-free, and we’ve answered so many gluten-free baking questions that we decided to do a little class. Welcome to: Gluten-Free Baking 101. Let’s start with the basics.
What could be more basic than pancakes? We know that protein and B vitamins are often missing from a gluten-free diet, so we’ve ramped up the protein here along with a surprising fluffiness that will satisfy even the pickiest in your clan. No one will believe these Higher Protein Oat Pancakes are gluten-free!
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Prairie All Purpose Flour Blend
- 9 tablespoons low-fat milk (almond or soy as desired)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar (white, brown, honey, Stevia, or equivalent)
- 1 teaspoon pure gluten-free vanilla
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Heat griddle to medium-high. Cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Add toppings of your choice.