These muffins come together very quickly. The flavor is great, but honestly I wish they were a little more moist. If you agree, add a little applesauce to the batter.
Oatmeal Raisin Sourdough Muffins
Enjoy this flavorful muffin with breakfast or as a lovely addition to a hearty soup.
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Muffins
Serves: 12 muffins
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Prairie Oatmeal
- 1 Cup milk (almond or coconut works fine too)
- ⅓ cup oil (I like pure safflower oil)
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup raisins
- 1½ cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ baking soda
- 1/1/2 teaspoons baking power
- ¼ teaspoon salk
- Prepare 12 muffin cups.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together oatmeal and milk and set aside to soak
- Combine sourdough starter, oil, egg and raisins and mix into oat/milk mixture
- In a large bowl combine GFP Flour Blend, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to oat/milk mixture
- Stir well to combine, but do not overmix
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into each muffin cup
- Bake in preheated oven 20-25 min until golden brown.
- NOTE: make is more moist by adding a bit of applesauce to the batter