Light and crisp with that unmistakable cinnamon sugar sprinkle. Here is a Old Fashioned Snickerdoodle that no one will believe is Gluten-Free
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Cookie
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup Crisco (or any all vegetable shortening)
- 1½ cup pure cane sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2¾ cups Gluten-Free Prairie flour blend
- Cinnamon and Sugar mixture for sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and shortening until fluffy. Add eggs, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.Beat together until thoroughly blended. Add GFP Flour Blend and mix well. Form into walnut sized balls, roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake at 350 for about 15 min. Until the edges start to brown.
Perfect for a classroom party, delicious with coffee or tea. Or just a tasty treat at at the end of a long day.
Thanks for stopping by today.