My favorite pie in the world is Dutch apple, but I struggled with how to make it gluten-free. After figuring out the pie crust, I used my Gluten-Free Prairie Oats to make the oatmeal crumble pie topping. AMAZING! Add this crumbled topping to your favorite pie recipe and tell us how it turns out.
Oatmeal Crumble Topped Pie
Add this amazing oatmeal crumble pie topping to your favorite pie recipe and tell us how it turns out!
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 1 pie topping
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup Gluten-Free Prairie Oats
- ¾ cup Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the butter.
- Cut butter into mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Spread crumbs over prepared fruit mixture of your favorite fruit pie.
- Do NOT add top crust.
- Bake as directed in your fruit pie recipe.
- If crumbs become too dark while baking, cover loosely with foil, but remove foil the last few
- minutes of baking so the topping will crisp.
- Note: when using this topping there is no need to dot the fruit with butter, if your recipe calls
- for that.