When my daughter and I went Gluten-Free in 2005 there were a few things we really missed. Deep Fried Fish and Chips were probably #1. Chicken Strips and onion rings ran a close 2nd. Finally, I discovered that our All Purpose Flour Blend was the missing link and the result is this super simple batter that is perfect for all of the above.
- 1 C Gluten-Free Prairie All Purpose Flour Blend
- ½ C tonic water
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ¼ C corn starch
- Mix together Flour Blend, tonic water, corn starch and beaten egg.
- Let batter rest for 15 min.
- Coat fish, chicken or onion rings in batter
- Fry in oil of choice. (cast iron frying pan or deep fryer)