“Start up a gluten-free oat-based business? You must be crazy.” Well, for those that pointed it out early, here’s a little something for them. How does Gluten-Free Oat Groats, baby kale, cottage cheese, and tomatoes sound? Crazy? We say delicious! You’d have to be crazy to not like this protein-packed, gluten-free breakfast parfait.
Crazy Breakfast Parfait
You'd have to be crazy to not like this protein-packed, gluten-free breakfast parfait.
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ cup Gluten-Free Prairie Oat Groats (pre-cooked and heated)
- 2 cups fresh baby kale
- 3 eggs (or egg whites or egg replacement)
- low-fat cottage cheese
- cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (coconut, grapeseed, or avocado oil is best)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce of choice (optional)
- Beat eggs and set aside. Heat pan, add oil, and sauté baby kale until soft. Remove from pan and set aside. Cook beaten eggs until desired texture.
- Assemble by spooning egg mixture over cooked oat groats, top with kale, and add a scoop of low-fat cottage cheese. Finish with sliced avocado and cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with hot sauce (optional).