For a sweet, indulgent treat any time of day, warm up with this decadent chocolate oatmeal!
Warm up with this decadent gluten-free chocolate oatmeal.
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup very hot water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon high-quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat water to almost boiling and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil, syrup, and chocolate in a medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat, add oatmeal and cinnamon, and stir. When it starts to bubble, continue to stir oatmeal until it absorbs all the oil/syrup mixture.
- Add hot water to cover oatmeal and stir.
- Cover for approximately 5 minutes and let sit until desired consistency.