Oats are a wonderfully healthy grain, and they may be baby’s perfect first cereal, replacing rice as the go-to in generations past. Try our easy recipe for Baby’s First Oatmeal.
- ¼ cup Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour
- ¾ to 1 cup distilled water
- Blend ingredients together with whisk and stir well until just boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Don’t overcook or it will get gooey.
- Thin with formula or breastmilk just before serving.
- Note: Cooked cereal can easily be frozen in ice cube trays. Don’t freeze with formula or milk. Simply add it just before serving.