“How do you know Spring is here?
You feel like whistling – even with a shoe full of Slush”
- One package Gluten-Free Prairie Fresh Pizza Dough (available in the deli case throughout Montana)
- 1 TB Gluten-Free Prairie Oat Flour
- 1½ pounds ground beef, chicken or turkey
- I cup fresh green beans cut into ¼-in. pieces
- ¾ cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 TB each chopped fresh thyme & minced garlic, parsley
- ½ cup fresh or frozen green peas, thawed
- 1½ cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 large egg, beaten & 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 400
- Heat 1 TB oil in heavy skillet. Saute chicken (or other protein) until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside. Add remaining 1TB oil and heat over med high; add veggies, thyme, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in peas. Sprinkle in 2 TB oat flour; stir to coat. Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Cook 3-4 min until thickened. Fold in parsley.
- Whisk together egg and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Remove dough from refrigerator; let stand 5 minutes. Divide dough into equal portions (about 2 ounces each), shaping each into a ball. Roll each ball into a 6-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. (oat flour or corn starch) Spoon ⅓ cup chicken mixture onto center of each circle. Brush edges of dough circles with egg wash; fold dough over filling to form half-moons. Press edges together to seal. Brush remaining egg mixture over tops of pies and score tops to vent. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; lightly coat paper with cooking spray. Place pies on prepared pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 22 to 25 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Top with additional parsley, if desired.
- To FREEZE: Freeze on a baking sheet for 12 hours or until solid. Transfer to a ziplock plastic freezer bag; freeze up to 6 months.
- THAW: Not necessary! Bake straight from frozen.
“Spring is the time of year when Summer is in the Sun and Winter is in the shade”
All Gluten-Free Prairie products are available in stores throughout Montana. And from our Local Montana Distributor: Quality Foods Distributing
And Please Subscribe to my FREE monthly on-line Newsletter HERE
Thanks for stopping by today.