Recipe Type: Main Dish
Cuisine: Seafood Crepes
Serves: 8 filled crepes
A gluten-free crepe that will actually roll up? What??? Yes! Gluten-Free Prairie Pancake and Waffle Mix also makes an unbelievable crepe. They can even be made ahead and reheated before adding the mixture
- SEAFOOD CREPES
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 medium mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, sliced
- 4 cups cooked lobsters, crab, scallops shrimp, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp and cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (optional)
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (chopped for topping)
- 8 GFP crepes (made with Our Best Pancake and Waffle Mix)
- For crepes;.
- Whisk dry ingredients together. Mix in eggs, milk and butter. With a hand beater mix until smooth.
- Heat an 8″ skillet or crepe pan, (copper is my favorite) on medium high.
- Pour a scant 1/4 cup batter and, swirl immediately swirl it around to coat the pan.
- Cook until top is dry and bottom is light brown. Flip and cook the other side.
- Stack and keep warm.
- Want to make them ahead? Simply stack them with waxed paper between each one, refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- For the Seafood Mixture:
- Saute the mushrooms and green onion in butter until tender. Add seafood, 1/2 and 1/2, cream cheese and parsley in the pan, over medium heat, until the cheese has melted. Pour in Sherry.
- Assemble: place 1/4 cup seafood filling, roll and place in a two baking dishes, 12″ x 71/2″ x 2″, seam side down. Top each pan with the Swiss cheese and sprinkle with green onions and place in a 350 degree oven until the crepes are hot, approximately 20 minutes.