You gotta try these good-for-you Higher Protein Oat Waffles. You can use this recipe for pancakes, too. They’re surprisingly fluffy and crispy, and no one will believe they are gluten-free! The secret ingredient is cottage cheese. I know, right?
Higher Protein Oat Waffles
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Breakfast
You gotta try these good-for-you Higher Protein Oat Waffles. They’re surprisingly fluffy, and no one will believe they are gluten-free!
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour
- ½ cup coconut flour (or favorite gluten-free flour blend)
- ½ cup low-fat milk (almond or soy as desired)
- ¼ cup liquid coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar (white, brown, honey, Stevia or equivalent)
- 1 teaspoon pure gluten-free vanilla
- Heat waffle iron to medium-high and lightly grease.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth (the batter will be thin).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add toppings of your choice.