Harvest Groat-Sotto with Sauteed Shrimp
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Main Course
It's Harvest Season! Share your bountiful harvest with our newest version of hearty Risotto.
- 1) ½ cup cooked Gluten- Free Prairie Oat Groats + ½ cup cooked white or wild rice
- 2) ¼ cup olive oil + 1 TB butter
- 3) 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 4) Pinch red pepper flakes
- 5) Pinch dry fennel seed (optional)
- 6) 1 pound medium raw shrimp
- 7) 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes (halved)
- 8) Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 9) 2 cups baby spinach + 2 cups baby kale
- 10) 4 ounces goat cheese (crumbled)
- 11) ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 12) 2 TB ½ & ½ (or to taste)
- Heat olive oil in large cast iron skillet. Add butter to melt.
- Add garlic and cook until brown. Mix in red pepper flakes. Simmer about 3 minutes.
- Add raw shrimp and sauté until shrimp turns pink. Set aside
- Add tomatoes to skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook over med-high heat until tomatoes soften and release juices. 2-3 minutes
- Add spinach and kale and cook until wilted (about 3 minutes)
- Mix in groats and rice
- Add goat cheese and gently stir as it melts and coats all.
- Gently fold in cooked shrimp.
- Top with parmesan cheese and Serve