Remember when you were a kid and loved those delicious sugar cookies with all the fun decorations? Well, now you can make them with our Gluten-Free Toasted Oat flour and this recipe! These classic sugar cookies are sure to please a crowd. Make them up for your kids’ school, an office party, or just to have tasty gluten-free sugar cookies for Christmas with your eggnog!
Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies
Celebrate the Christmas season with these classic gluten-free sugar cookies.
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: about 36 cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¼ cup Gluten-Free Prairie Higher Protein Oat Flour Blend
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine sugar and butter in a stand mixer until creamy, scraping down the sides as needed to fully incorporate.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla. Continue to mix until fully combined, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add the gluten-free flour blend a half cup at a time on slow speed until fully combined. The dough will be slightly stiff.
- Place dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Roll the parchment over the dough and form a tube of dough. Twist the ends of the parchment to help form the dough into a nice, tight tube.
- Tightly wrap the tube in a sheet of plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Remove plastic from dough and cut into quarter-inch rounds and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place cookie rounds about 2 inches apart on the sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes in a convection oven or for 15 minutes in a standard oven. Watch the end of the cooking time carefully so you don’t burn the cookies! The edges should lightly browned, and the center should be light yellow.
- Let stand on cookie sheet for a couple minutes, then allow them to fully cool on a cooling rack.
- Decorate as you see fit!
1 thought on “Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies”
Great sugar cookies recipe. I have seen different cookies recipe in many websites. But, this is the great.
Thanks for sharing.