It’s official! Summer is here and 4th of July is just a few days away. No matter how you plan to celebrate America’s Birthday, every birthday party needs a Patriot Cake, right? Show your gluten-free colors this 4th of July with Gluten-Free Prairie’s Patriot Cake. Turn up the “Stars and Stripes Forever” and “Yankee Doodle” too. Then get creative with a little food coloring in each layer and a simple frosting to top it off.
It’s official! Summer is here and 4th of July is just a few days away. No matter how you plan to celebrate America’s Birthday, every birthday party needs a Patriot Cake.
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 3-8 inch round cake pans with cooking spray (or lightly grease and dust pans with Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oat Flour).
- Mix the oat flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and xanthan gum together and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, and mayonnaise until fluffy. Add the flour mixture, milk, and vanilla and mix well. Divide batter (add food coloring to each as desired). Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Cakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool completely, then frost.