Cheesecake with Montana Mornings Granola Crust
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Gluten Free
Similar to a graham cracker crust, but so much more festive. With whole pieces of dried blueberries, cranberries, pecans and almonds, this simple cheesecake is a crowd pleaser for sure. Makes about 12 mini cheesecakes – or 1 8x8 cheesecake.
- 12 oz of GFP Montana Mornings Granola (divided)
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ + 2 TB cup pure cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ Tablespoon lemons zest (fresh or frozen)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 12 regular-size muffin tin with baking cups.
- In medium bowl, mix about 8 ounces of the granola and melted butter until well combined. Place a tablespoon of crumb mixture in each lined muffin cup; press in bottom of cup to form crust.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in vanilla and eggs until well combined. Add lemon zest and nutmeg, mix until well combined. Add ¼ cup (2 ounces) granola into cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup (2 ounces) remaining granola over crust in each cup.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Store in refrigerator.