What kid (or kid at heart) wouldn’t want to start the day off by eating a Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins? Mom says this will start your day off right. Always listen to mom.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
What kid (or kid at heart) wouldn't want to start the day off by eating a Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins? Mom says this will start your day off right. Always listen to mom.
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 12 muffins
- 1 ½ cups Gluten-Free Prairie Oats
- 1 ¼ cups Gluten-Free Prairie Higher Protein Oat Flour Blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup blueberries (thawed and drained if using frozen)
- ½ cup Gluten-Free Prairie Oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Prepare topping: In a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup oats, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Add 2 tablespoon melted butter and mix together until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the applesauce, brown sugar, milk, oil, vanilla and egg. Add to dry ingredients and mix just until moistened. Stir in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Use your fingers to sprinkle muffins with topping.
- Bake at 400 for 16-18 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes in the pans.
- Remove muffins from pans and cool on a wire rack.