Seems like every time I venture down the market aisle I find another gluten-free granola or oatmeal. And it seems to me that they’re all about the same. Could any of us tell the difference between all the gluten-free oatmeals? Probably not. And most of the gluten-free granolas are heavy and sticky or dry and clumpy.
So when the Gluten-Free Prairie Family talked about making a granola using our higher-protein gluten-free oats, we all agreed that it had to something very special.
For months the GFP kitchen has been humming as we’ve worked to create a unique product. We all voted on our favorites, and Montana Mornings Granola was born. It’s a light, flaky treat with whole pieces of fruit, pecans, almonds, and organic dried coconut.
As if that wasn’t special enough, it’s not just a cereal. Our new gluten-free granola also makes the best pie crust ever as well as a company-good cobbler topping. No special recipe required.
For the pie crust, simply follow the instructions for any graham cracker crust, substituting our Montana Mornings Granola for the graham crackers. It’s even easier for cupcakes or muffins. Just sprinkle a little granola in the bottom of each muffin cup, fill with batter, and bake as usual.
So now what about that boring gluten-free oatmeal? Want to start your day with a gluten-free party in your mouth? Use our higher protein oatmeal to give this Hot ‘n Cold breakfast treat a creamy texture along with a surprising crunch.
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup Gluten-Free Prairie Oatmeal
- ½ cup frozen or fresh berries of choice (we love blueberries and raspberries)
- dash cinnamon
- ½ cup cottage cheese (optional)
- Mix water with Gluten-Free Prairie Oatmeal.
- Top with cinnamon and berries of choice.
- Cover with paper towel and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Let stand to thicken (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- For an even higher protein start to you day, add ½ cup cottage cheese on top.