Montana Mornings Granola Strawberry Gelatin Pie
A delightful way to kick off your Summer Baking. The crunchy buttery crust perfectly complements the cool and delicious filling.
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Prairie Montana Mornings Granola
- 1 stick (8 TB) Butter – Melted and cooled
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese – softened
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 (3 ounce boxes) strawberry flavored Gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce frozen strawberries) or ½ cups chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl mix together Montana Mornings Granola, cooled butter. Press mixture firmly into bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together softened cream cheese and ½ cup sugar until smooth and fluffy, move to large bowl. Whip heavy whipping cream in mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture and spread mixture evenly onto cooled crust. set aside.
- Place gelatin in a medium heat-proof bowl and pour in boiling water. Stir gently until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add fresh or frozen strawberries and chill until mixture begins to thicken Chill until semi-firm but still pourable. (about 20 min) Pour gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill 2-3 hours before serving.