It’s a fact: the Summer Solstice is behind us and the days are getting shorter. Are you chasing summer today? Trying to get out on the river, onto the trail, or on your horse? Or do you just want a healthy snack to enjoy in your car or at your desk? This gluten-free granola recipe is a great solution.
Awhile back I coauthored a little cookbook, 500 Gluten-Free Dishes, and Breakfast Granola can be found on page 45. This simple recipe comes together quickly and stores well in the fridge for up to two weeks. Enjoy it as a cool summer breakfast or throw some in a resealable container for your day on the go.
Interested in the other 499 gluten-free recipes? Get the 500 Gluten-Free Dishes cookbook on Amazon.
- 2 ½ cups Gluten-Free Prairie Toasted Oatmeal
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup mixed nuts, chopped
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup cooking oil (sunflower, grapeseed, coconut)
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, seeds, nuts coconut and brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, water, salt and vanilla.
- Stir the oil and water mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing well, and spread into a large cookie sheet.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp and golden.
- Remove from oven, cool thoroughly. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.