I’m so excited to finally find a recipe for bread that truly works – with no rice, no corn, no Xanthan or gums of any kind. And no preservatives. Makes fantastic toast too.
Finally THE BREAD Recipe
Finally a delicious whole grain bread that is simple and hearty. And what is lacks in stature it more than makes up for in flavor. Plus there are no holes to deal with! And unlike most GF breads, i haven't had a problem with mold either.
Author: Gluten-Free Prairie
Recipe type: BREAD
Serves: 1 loaf
- 2⅓ cups plus ¼ cups Gluten-Free Prairie All Purpose Flour Blend
- 2 TB ground flax seed
- ¾ cup Gluten-Free Prairie Oatmeal
- 1½ TB Baking Powder
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ cup nonfat dry milk
- 3 TB pharmaceutical grade whole psyllium husk
- 1 TB active-rise yeast
- 2 eggs (room temp and slightly beaten)
- 1½ cups very warm water (important - not more than 110 degrees)
- 2 TB oil of choice
- 2 TB honey
- Spray an 8½ X 4 in loaf pan with cooking spray.Whisk eggs, water, oil and honey together and set aside. In mixing bowl blend together flour blend, oatmeal, flax seed, baking powder milk powder and psyllium, yeast and salt until well combined. Slowly add warm water mixture and beat on low about 1 min, scraping sides as needed. Increase to medium speed and beat about 5 min until the dough comes together and is sticky.
- Place dough into loaf pan pushing into corners with wet hands. Spray top with water, cover loosely and let rise - about 1 hour - the dough will be almost 50% higher. (a warming drawer set on Proof is perfect for this dough)
- Heat oven to 325. Spray top with water once more. Place pan on middle rack in oven. Bake about 1¼ hrs. until top is golden and loaf sounds hollow with tapped.
- Cook on wire rack. remove from loaf pan after about 15 min.
Thanks for stopping by today.